Saturday, March 28, 2009

Artist Statement Ideas

I could tell you about myself.

(For example, I like textures and patterns and unnecessary punctuation.)

I could tell you what you expect to hear.

(I like photography and designing and Renaissance art.)

Or, I could tell you what I would really like to tell someone who's curious about why I make things (no, I don't create art).

I like to incorporate God's Word in all that I do. I keeps me sane and makes me realize what is really important.

I could tell you that art is my life and my everything. That artists, like myself, breathe creativity and are inspired by everything and nothing.

(But, that would be a lie.)

And of course, I could tell you that I'm an artist...I mean, I've got the brushes to prove it.

(Really, I'm not an artist. I just like to take pictures with my camera that cost me too much money.)

-------

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for my artist statement. I refuse to say that I'm an artist (sounds so pretentious) and that I create what nots. I just want to say that I like to take pictures. I like to incorporate the Word into things I make. I look to the Bible for inspiration because it's what I'm passionate about.

It's hard for me to not become outrageously sarcastic when writing this stupid statement. I'm really becoming more and more stubborn as the days go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment