Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm miserable.

So for the past couple of days my mom has been coughing a lot...very badly. Yesterday I went to KC to shop for bridesmaids dresses with Mandy, Miles' mom, Aimee, Amber and Cassie. First we ate at Granite City then shopped some around Zona Rosa. So, initially I planned on the dresses being a light blue (more of a periwinkle than a turquoise). On Tuesday I had gone to Payless to pick out my shoes (I am getting blue shoes...I just want them...okay?!). I decided that we'd just get some brown dresses for the girls and later add a blue sash that will be matched to the shoes, and they'd wear blue shoes also. I thought it be much easier to find brown dresses than blue dresses that were the same color of blue as the shoes. Oh how wrong I was!

We went to Delias, Forever 21, Dillards, Charlotte Russe, Aeropostale, Dressbarn (it was closing down so there weren't very many things there and everything was about 70% off), Gap, New York and Company and Ann Taylor Loft. We found nothing. So, we headed over to Maurices and David's Bridal. Nothing, again. Mandy and Miles' mom headed back to town, and Aimee joined up with Josh. Cassie, Amber and I were determined to find something. We headed back to St. Joe and went to the north shops. Kohls was first, then DressBarn, Target and TJMaxx. Nothing...of course. So, we headed to the mall. We went to JCPenneys, Vanity, Deb, Pacsun, Maurices, Sears and finally Rue 21. We finally found something at Rue 21. They're knee length, brown!, empire waisted and only cost $20. Woot!

It was quite the day.

While we were in KC I started to cough a little bit. My throat was really scratchy, but I wasn't feeling any pressure or anything. After we got back Amber and I headed out to school so she could fix a poster for Graphics II and so I could print a list of addresses that Aimee used for her wedding. I started to feel a little worse, so I came home. Miles came over and I made some mediocre macaroni and cheese then took Nyquil and laid down. Around 3 I woke up because Miles was laying the opposite way on my bed and I couldn't move from right up against my wall so I couldn't get comfortable. I got up and was really upset because my back hurt and I was coughing. Miles went to Wal Mart to get me some Vick's Vaporub, Delsym and cough drops. I took some Delsym and put the vaporub on my chest and went back to sleep. Today around 7 I woke up because my back and head hurt. I kept falling back to sleep then I'd wake up, resituate and go back to sleep. This went on until about noon. I threw up once (pretty, I know). Miles called me then came over. This time he brought a Sprite and some Bayer Back and Body for me. He rubbed my back and neck, fixed me a glass of 7up, gave me some medicine and read me a few chapters of Proverbs. I started to feel better because I always do when someone is taking care of me.
Finally, I fell asleep again...but it went back to how it was this morning. Sleeping for a few minutes and waking up because of my back and head. I just got out of the shower, so now having a towel on my head is kind of making my neck hurt. I don't know if that makes sense, but I think it's true.

Moral of the story: If your sick, having someone take care of you will make you feel 20 times better.

Other moral of the story: Stores should carry more brown dresses.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you have an excellent future hubby & a great deal on bmaids dresses!

    ReplyDelete