Monday, March 16, 2009

This is just me complaining. I will understand if you don't read it.

I skipped pilates today. I woke up really stiff and a little achey. Miles was here this morning and he said, "I don't think you should go to Pilates today." I just responded, "I don't think I'll argue with you on that one."
It was nice to not have to rush this morning. I sat around for a while, drank some coffee, then got ready slowly. Miles napped on the couch.
I've been up and down all day today. I feel totally fine, then I feel horrible. Right now I'm pretty in between. I'm stuffy and can't really taste food, but other than that I think I'm fine.
I had to work 5-9:15 tonight. Right after I got there I was bombarded with other employees and customers. One lady threw her arms up and walked out of the store disgusted because I said I would get one of the cashiers some change then I'd be over to void something in jewelry then do an override for 70% off something. Apparently that was not good enough for her. She was "in a rush." Come on, people, if you're in a rush, don't go and try to buy jewelry, it is a well known fact that jewelry takes a while to buy. There's all that unlocking and locking of the cabinets that you have to do. Then (!) another lady had picked up the wrong converter box in electronics. I called back for them (which is totally something a cashier can do on their own!) and asked Jay if we had any of the Zenith or Magnavox converter boxes which are $49.99, as the one the customer had picked up was $59.99. Problem solved.
Okay, so none of that would be too bad if I was feeling okay. But, I wasn't.

The first senior show was tonight. I wish I would have been able to go, but of course, as previously mentioned I was working. I went to school around 9:20 to work on some stuff for portfolio.

Oh! I had taken my plate from printmaking into work with me today. I had it in my bag and I don't know if heat has any effect on it, so I thought to be safe I should just put it in my locker and surely I'll remember to grab it before leaving. Of course not! I share a locker with someone, and I'm really hoping she doesn't work tomorrow. You can't touch the plate with your hands, the grease will etch the plate and ruin it. Oops. The only good thing about it is that it's my first plate, so if it's messed up it doesn't really matter too much.

Oy vey, I am going to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment