Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm trying to keep myself busy.

I just feel productive. Not because I'm actually getting anything done, but because I make to do lists and actually accomplish the things on them. Mind you that the things on the list aren't complicated tasks and are things I should do without having to write them down. So far I have made to do lists for every day up til next Tuesday! They are as follows:

Friday/Today
-Get wedding invitation ready to mail to Devon
-Order candy for the wedding
-Mail in my jury duty form (Oh yeah, I got a thing saying that I may have to do jury duty on June 15th)
-Buy chicken and potatoes for cooking with Mandy
-Possibly pick up the lighters Miles is having engraved at Creviston and Sons
-Do some laundry
-Get Adrian and Tia a wedding gift
-Make an appointment to get my hair cut

Saturday
-Work 1-5
-Adrian and Tia's wedding (I don't know if I'll be attending the reception or not)

Sunday
-Read!

Monday
-Take Amber to buy some flats
-Possibly lunch with Amber? I mean, we'll already be out doing a little shopping
-Clean up my room
-Get my oil changed

Tuesday
-Get gifts for my bridesmaids
-Get gifts for people that have helped out a lot with the wedding stuff
-Clean up my room more (it takes days)

Oh! I ordered my lens! I'm pumped to get it in. I ended up spending a little more than I had planned ($215 rather than $160) but the lens that I did order apparently has the capability to take awesome macro shots. My justification for spending the extra $50 is that it's something that could help bring in money later. I just can't wait until it gets here so I can start messing around with it. I love figuring out new cameras and camera equipment. It makes me happy.

In other, completely unrelated news, Miles and I have been reading in Jeremiah recently. I must say that I'm really enjoying it.

I really should start looking for a job. I feel like it's not time yet. I don't know what I think will be the turning point and make me feel like it is time...maybe the wedding? I'm going to need to change my résumé to have my new address and last name when the times comes. The word on the street is that my mom is going to acquire an Adobe Creative Suite. I don't know if it'll be 2, 3 or 4 (hopefully 4 so I can open things from this past year on it). I don't know if it will ever really happen or not, but I do hope so. I could then start designing things for the fun of it. I think I'd like to maybe design some wedding invitations sometime. The next step is to find some people getting married...hmm...

I promised myself I'd go to bed earlier tonight. It's almost 3am and I'm tired, but not as tired as I should be. I keep editing a couple of pictures then playing either Word Challenge, Geo Challenge, or Who Has the Biggest Brain? Those games are addicting and I should stop playing them altogether.

For now though I guess I will edit a couple more pictures then actually head to bed. Now it's starting to storm so I really hope the power doesn't go out. Not that I'd know, but I don't want to have to reset my alarm clock when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment