Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pretty Vases from Jars!

So, my parents are having their 30th anniversary on April 23 and my sister and I are organizing a celebration for them.  Aimee is responsible for the majority of the food and I'm responsible for the decorations.  I'm super stoked to get the chance to decorate an event like this.  How much fun would it be to do that for a living?  I'd think lots...but I might be wrong.

Anyway, I've made a ton of tissue paper flowers and about 10 vases out of different glass containers to use as table centerpieces.  I thought I'd do a small post about the vases I made.  It's really not even to explain how to make them, but I guess just to show them?  Something like that.

First off, you have your jars/containers and sainted glass foiling tape.  I bought my foiling tape at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon, so it was about $3.60 for 36yds.  Not too shabby for how long one roll will last!
Next you use the tape to create a design on the container.  I stuck with vertical and horizontal stripes for mine.  I tried some diagonal stripes on an old frappuccino bottle and they just turned out kind of wonky.
And last, you just add in your flowers!  I've since added origami kusudama flowers to each container, and threw in some different shaped jars for a nice mixture of size.
I just love them!
 
I'll definitely have to remember to take some pictures of the tables all set up before the dinner portion of the party.  I'm excited to see it all come together!
 
In other news...Happy Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment